Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Image hosting & other cool online things

This week thanks to "Learn and Play @ CML" I have been exposed to the wonderful world of online imaging; Flickr being just one of many. Something I found unique about Flickr is mapping and something called "notes and comments".

The mapping allows Flickr users to tag where the image was taken and then to allow a search of other places where an image might have been snapped. This I liked because it will allow me to view personal images of, say, Hawaii. Tour books just don't have enough images if you ask me!

Then the "notes and comments" intrigued me due to the ability to "draw" on the posted image. So say I see an image of some farm and in that image is something that catches my eye I can highlight it and comment directly onto the image for the original poster to see.

Moving on from imaging is a helpful feature called Google maps! It allows for the finding of pretty much anything!

0 comments: